<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Wednesday 17th January 2007

As I was walking out of the shala after practice on Monday I purposely told David I’d see him on Wednesday. My word binds me so if I say that to the teacher, I won’t abscond. One hour later, my period started – no practice for three days.
With no place to call home at the moment and a son in crisis, my outer life feels quite fluid and formless like I have no control over where it's going, so being consistent with my morning yoga practice gives me a comforting sense of continuity, solidity and purpose. Taking three days off practice is disconcerting and even a little annoying, but that feeling of annoyance shows me that I’m no longer contented with what IS.
Whatever happened to my peaceful mind, the mind that accepted whatever life presented with gratitude and grace?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?