<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday 21st September 2006


More incoherent rambling about the indescribable

The circumstances I’ve found myself in this year have provided some pretty profound learning opportunities.
And if I stand back just a little and get a bird’s eye view of the year so far, it looks disturbingly meaningful. there's no doubt the higher part of my being is directing the entire show from behind the curtains, carefully developing the complex story line while I just follow the prompts and play out my part in this beautifully crafted piece of work that is my life.

When I acknowledge the powerful undercurrent that's carving out my path, I reconnect with the divine intelligence that propels us all towards realising the magnificent Truth of our existence.
The Catch 22 is to realise and know that we are IT.
We ARE that divine intelligence.
Any discontent we feel is a result of not living and expressing the power of this incredible Truth.

Sometimes it dawns on me in the middle of the day and takes me by surprise, sometimes it swells up in my heart after Ashtanga practice…I feel a shift…my heart expands outwards to its bursting capacity and a loving benevolent force begins to look out upon the world through my eyes…everything around me and inside of me becomes imbued with a shimmering energy…everywhere there is nothing but beauty...
The shift of focus from the shallows into the depths changes everything. You see right through the slippery surface and into the pulsating, eternal heart of all life.

But it’s not always so immense and moving.

More often, I’m just vaguely aware of or reminded of the mystical through little things in daily life, a coincidence, a stranger’s smile that connects you beyond words, the odd person who temporarily drops into your life to teach you a lesson, the book that just appears on the library shelf, news of a death or terminal illness, a small act of generosity…
It takes a refined spiritual vision to see the mystical at work.
Only then does mundane life become magical. For me, mundane life doesn’t exist any more – NOTHING is mundane – everything has profound meaning: every encounter, every conversation, every event, every thought, every word. And every decision I make has a profound implication.

But it’s definitely been a gradual, incremental descent into this way of being and seeing. You can’t dive too deep too quick or you’ll get the bends and fortunately the process is carefully controlled by an intelligence that exists way beyond the limited comprehension of our small minds.

Sometimes the responsibility that comes with divine realisation is a little heavy - there’s no place to hide any more, there’s no escape and there’s no turning back. And you’re forevermore under the gaze of divine eyes that never close.
I can’t seem to do anything anymore that compromises my soul’s integrity without feeling the piercing stab of conscience. I guess conscience is the voice of the soul, whispering in our ear to keep us on track so the story line unfolds according to plan. We must keep listening…and following….

Personally I don’t want to return to living in the murky shadows of a half-conscious life. Once we make that decision, it becomes apparent that every moment, every situation and every encounter is lovingly placed to facilitate our journey into full consciousness.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 11th September 2006

In an irresponsible act of defiance I went surfing yesterday and to Mysore practice this morning. My shoulder hurts a bit from the double whammy, but I’m blissfully happy.

What a shame that spiritual progress slows to a snail pace when we feel contented with life.

David left me to do my own practice this morning, adjusting me only in Uthitta Hasta Padangusthasana and Supta Kurmasana. I like to think he was observing how I’d adapted the practice around my sore shoulder, but he was probably just very busy trying to get around to everyone. When I came out of Matsyasana, he suggested that for the next few weeks I start practice with a 5 minute Headstand and 5 minute Shoulderstand, followed by Padangusthasana etc – no Surya Namaskars. That start will change the flavour of practice – much quieter. But he’s right on the mark and very wise. His advice is precious.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?