<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tuesday 5th July 2005

Practice
Did close to entire primary this morning still leaving out the poses from Bhujangasana to Garbha Pindasana. Full forward bends are returning and I can now get chest to thigh without compromising the safety of my lumbar spine. Finally the floppy disc has returned safely to its little slot between the vertebrae. I even curled up into the two embryonic Pindasana poses without any hesitation or anxiety.

So despite my sketchy practice over the last 2 months while nursing and recovering from this injury I’m now feeling amazingly strong. And now that I’m on the mend, I’m working to open every joint, stretch every muscle, rev up the performance of every organ and gland, wake up the nerves in their channels and flush superstreams of prana through the nadi highways.

Whoosh.

God I love this body I’m in, and Ashtanga satisfies the organic desire to explore every inch of it. I’ve been approaching each practice with a joyful but intense curiosity, a deep probing of something I’ve lived with for so long but have never really known; this approach keeps me right in there as I practice, totally engaged, and oh…what sweet delights are being revealed.

Somewhere along the line the connection with my body, my practice and my journey has gone from a casual friendship to a deeply intimate love. Mmm Mmmmmm…


Teaching
Well after months of procrastinating, I’ve finally accepted the offer from the universe to teach yoga again and made peace with all the self-doubting demons that have been holding me back from committing to it.
So now I’ve got six weeks to get it all together for the starting date of August 20th. It’s slowly gathering its own momentum; ideas and plans are beginning to flow and I’m losing the (yikes) 3 kg I put on in the last 2 months to my boyfriend’s dismay (he liked my blossoming female curves).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?