<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday 14th July 2005

Winter...blah

Did I say I had no trouble getting up in the mornings? I’ll retract that statement unequivocally.
Today I actually did manage to get out of bed on time. Got to the Gallery and set up for Ashtanga practice. The town hall bell rang softly in the quiet chill of the dawn…6am. As the familiar bell rang out, instead of starting my sun salutes, I did about 10 minutes of opening stretches, procrastinating really.
The motivation to start practice passed and I conceded defeat, sat in meditation for about 30 minutes, then packed up mats and blankets, went home, got back into bed and fell asleep at 6.45am. 45 minutes later I was up getting ready to go back to the Gallery for the working day.

To make up for not practising this morning I decided to do penance and go to a Level 3 Iyengar class at 6pm this evening. I left work just after 5 and raced home, breaking all records for feeding my son and showering. Made it there at 5.45 to find the class actually started at 5.30. I crept back out the door and went home. Again.

What’s a girl to do on a day like this?

It’s mid winter. Mornings are bitterly cold. I'm sure my skin is getting thinner year by year.
Checked out swellnet today - crap surf is forecast this weekend. Thank God. With enormous relief I emailed around to cancel Saturday’s surf trip.
A combination of age, sensitivity and sensibility is keeping me out of the ice cold ocean this winter.
Again I concede defeat.
Will have to join the senior citizens with their mini-malibus in the water next spring.

Winter…blah.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments:
Hi,
First time writer, long time reader, love the blog. I got it bookmarked.
I thought you'd like to see my information on this post too.
My site is at a test on work stress and its management
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?